EPIIC 2014 Symposium: The Future of the Middle East and North Africa
Date & Time February 26 - March 2, 2014 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Tufts University, Cabot Auditorium
The Future of the Middle East and North Africa
The 29th Annual Norris and Margery Bendetson EPIIC International Symposium
This event is in conjunction with the ALLIES Intellectual Roundtable: The Changing Strategic Environment of the Middle East and North Africa and Evolving Civil Military Relations
Wednesday, February 26
- Cultural Evening, 8:00pm
Thursday, February 27
- Collapse of Sovereignty? The State of the State Report, 7:00pm
- 100 Years after World War I: Enduring Consequences, 7:30pm
- The Future of the Kurds, 8:00pm
Friday, February 28
- Iraq: Its Uncertain Future, 9:00am
- Civil-Military Relations and Security Sector Reform in Political Transitions, 12:30pm
- Political Islam and Governance, 2:30pm
US Foreign Policy and Security in the Middle East and North Africa, 6:30pm
- EPIIC Introduction, 6:30pm
- Keynote Address, 7:00pm
- Panel, 8:00pm
Saturday, March 1
- Domestic Politics in the Gulf, 9:00am
- Vying for Influence: Iran and Saudi Arabia, 11:00am
- International Institutions and Intervention, 2:30pm
- Expert-led Discussions (eg, Israel/Palestine, Nuclear Iran, Media, Refugees), 4:30pm
- The Unraveling of Syria, 8:00pm
Sunday, March 2
- Border Crossings: Refugees, Jihadists, Money, and Arms, 1:00pm
- Education, Entrepreneurship and Economic Development, 3:30pm
To see the symposium description, list of speakers, cost of attending, and international student delegations, visit the EPIIC 2013-14 homepage.
Co-sponsored by the International Crisis Group.
Supported by the Carnegie Corporation of New York.
For directions to Cabot Auditorium at The Fletcher School at Tufts University, View Map. A Google search for "Fletcher School" will direct you to the right place.
No pre-registration necessary. Tickets will be available at the door for the entire symposium, days, or panels (Tufts students see whole symposium for $5). Mark your calendars!